Last Updated: July 15, 2022
Personal Information Collection and Use
Information that you provide
We collect personal information you provide through our Services or give to us in any other way, including over the phone or on paper. In connection with these activities, we collect the following:
- Contact information. We receive personal information such as your name, email address, and telephone number when you communicate with us through the Services through the “Contact Us” page, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and PocketWatch and any other information you provide to PocketWatch. We will use your contact information to communicate with you directly about the Services and answer your questions, issues or concerns you or other users have; send you marketing communications, including news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners; or respond to employment opportunities for which you have applied.
- Account information. If you create an account with us, we will collect first and last name, email address, and password.
- Purchase Information. If you choose to purchase a subscription to one of our Services, we may collect information to enable us to process your order and ship products to you or your child, including your name, your street and/or mailing address, your telephone number, your means of payment. We do not store your payment card information, which is stored securely by our payment processor.
- Social Network Information. When you interact with us through a social media site or third-party service, such as when you like, follow, share or connect to PocketWatch content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. We use this information to communicate or interact with you on the social network, to better understand the demographics of our visitors and to personalize content and advertising. The data we receive from these third-party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Services.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Information Collected Through Tracking Technologies. When you use the Services, we collect information about such use, including the browser or device you use to access the Services, read our emails, or engage with us. This information is typically collected through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, pixels, web beacons, embedded scripts, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”), and we may utilize third party services to assist us with this effort. For example, we collect:
- Information about your browser or device, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We may also collect information about your geographical location data at the city level or may approximate your location by analyzing other information like an IP address.
- Information about how you access and use the Services, such as the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Services, and other actions you take on the Services.
We collect and use this information for internal purposes to: (a) provide access to features on our sites and applications; (b) provide customized content and information; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services and advertising campaigns; (e) perform analytics and detect anonymous usage patterns on our Services for use by PocketWatch; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; (g) detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, (h) otherwise to plan for and improve our Services; and (i) to otherwise support the operations of the Services.
- Analytics. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services and to understand more about our users by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your choices to control tracking technologies. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies.
Please note that not accepting cookies may negatively impact your experience using the Services, as some features and services on our Services may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies and you may not be able to block non-cookie technologies and these browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
Sharing of Personal Information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We share personal information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform functions or services on our behalf and under our instructions to support our Services’ operations. For example, we may share personal information with service providers for auditing, compliance, corporate governance functions, fulfill orders, complete financial transactions, identifying and serving contextual advertisements, mailing services, contest and sweepstakes fulfilment, and web hosting.
- For more information about targeted advertising provided by these third parties, and how to opt out of having your information used in this way by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance, please visit: www.aboutads.info/choices or www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Law Enforcement, Regulators and Other Parties for Legal Reasons. We may share personal information:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
- to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization. We may share personal information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business. We may transfer personal information to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. We may also disclose personal information in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on any affected service of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you may have regarding Personal Information about you as a result of the transaction.
- Third Parties with Your Consent. We may share personal information about you with other third parties, as disclosed with you when we collect your personal information, and with your consent.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
Control Over Your Information
Email Communications Preferences. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our Services, products or services, notices about our organization, or information about products/services we offer. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. Note that you may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances, unless required by applicable law.
Much of our Services collect only limited amounts of personal information, if any, and we strive to minimize the data we could potentially collect from children under 13 without first asking for parental consent. For example:
- We may collect a persistent identifier and other device and usage information when a user visits our website or uses the Services, such as an IP address or a partial IP address, location (at the city level), browser or device type, and a unique identifier which allows us to uniquely identify the browser, device, account, or application, as well as account usage information such as the day/time stamp, referring/exit pages and URLs, pages viewed and similar information. We use this information to support the internal operations of our Services, in order to provide access to features, secure the Services, customize content and improve our sites and applications, generate reporting on website usage and other analytics, and to otherwise support our Services.
- If we receive an email or customer support inquiry from a child, we may use the information in order to respond to the request and maintain such information only as long as necessary to address the communication. We do not direct promotional email communications to anyone we know to be under the age of 13.
We may share or disclose this personal information in a limited number of instances. For instance, we share data with our trusted vendors, third party service providers and individuals to provide services for us on our behalf, which may include analytics providers and hosting services. We may also share personal information if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of PocketWatch, its users, or the public; or (e) as required or permitted by law. We may also share aggregate or de-identified information in a manner that cannot be reasonably used to identify an individual user.
Advertising. On our Services that are directed to families, we do not permit third parties to collect information from our website visitors over time and across platforms for the purpose of serving targeted advertisements on our Services or on other websites and services. We have partnered with SuperAwesome and KIDOZ to show contextual advertisements on our Services in a COPPA-compliant manner. SuperAwesome and KIDOZ are certified by the ESRB under its COPPA safe harbor program. KIDOZ is certified by kidSAFE and Privo under their COPPA safe harbor programs. For more information about SuperAwesome, please visit https://www.superawesome.com. For more information about KIDOZ, please visit https://kidoz.net.
We use Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services and we have taken steps to minimize this tracking activity, to the extent we have control over a third party’s practices. For example, we utilize Google’s “child-directed treatment” tag to alert Google that our Service may be directed to an audience that includes children and have enabled Google’s “restricted-data processing” by default.
In the event we discover we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements, we will either delete that information or immediately seek parental consent. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13 in a manner inconsistent with COPPA, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Third Party Websites and Services
Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of all data located on and collected by our site. However, no security system is impenetrable, and no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us at the mailing address, email, or phone number below with questions about our privacy policies and collection and use practices:
8500 Steller Dr., Bldg. 7
Culver City, CA 90232
United States of America
Notice for California Residents
This section applies to you if you are a resident of the state of California. California law requires us to disclose certain information regarding the categories of personal information we collect. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning provided by the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
Collection and use of personal information. We collect personal information from and about you for a variety of purposes. For example, we use personal information to fulfill your requests, process your transactions and provide our Services to you; to communicate with you; for marketing and advertising purposes; to monitor, improve, and develop our products and Services; and to protect the security and integrity of our business, comply with legal requirements and obligations; for our business and operational purposes; and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
The personal information we collect may depend on the manner in which you use the Services. In the last 12 months, we may have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, or other similar identifiers;
- California customer records, such as birth date and payment information;
- Commercial information, such as records of services purchased, obtained or considered;
- Internet/Network information, such as device information, logs and analytics data;
- Geolocation data, such as precise location data from your device or generated based on your IP address; and
- Inferences about your interests and preferences, generated from your use of our sites.
We collect this information directly from you, from our business partners and affiliates, from your browser or device when you visit our websites or use our apps, or from third parties that you permit to share information with us.
Disclosure of Personal Information. We share personal information with third parties for business purposes or we may sell your personal information to third parties, subject to your right to opt out of those sales (see Your Rights and Choices below). The categories of third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may include: (i) other brands and affiliates in our family of companies; (ii) our service providers and advisors, (iii) promotional partners, if you participate in a promotion; (iv) advertising partners and ad networks; and (v) analytics providers. In the previous 12 months, we have disclosed all of the foregoing categories of personal information to third parties for a business purpose. In the previous 12 months, we have not sold personal information about you.
Your Rights and Choices. As a California resident, you may be able to request to exercise the following rights:
- The Right to Know any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The Right to Request Deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales to third parties. If you are under the age of 16, you have the right to opt-in, or to have a parent or guardian opt-in on your behalf, to such sales.
You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights. However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
To Submit your California Consumer Rights Requests. You may submit a request to exercise your California Consumer Rights through one of the mechanisms described below. We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you or require you to log into your account, if you have one. In certain circumstances, we may decline or limit your request, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems, or as permitted by law.
To exercise your California Consumer Rights, please submit a request by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Rights Request, or
- Filling out our California Consumer Rights Request Form (https://pw.games/privacy/ccpa-rights-request).
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: We do not sell personal information. If this changes, we will update this policy and provide a mechanism to permit you to opt-out of data sales. We will not sell the information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative consent from the minor, or if the minor is under 13, from the minor’s parent or guardian.
California’s “Shine the Light” Law. California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section §1798.83) provides certain rights to California residents that have an established business relationship with us with regard to the disclosure of certain types of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In the past 12 months, we have not sold personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, as defined by the Shine the Light law.
Do Not Track. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time. To learn more about online tracking, and to opt out from certain CCPA sales involving online tracking data, please visit www.privacyrights.info or www.optout.privacyrights.info, or you may download an app for your mobile device at www.youradchoices.com/appchoices.
Notice for Nevada residents
Nevada residents may opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. We do not sell personal information as defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes.